Originally Posted By: Curt B
 Originally Posted By: CNC-Dude
My thoughts would be to either shift the port upward while at the same time enlarging it, or stretch it from side to side,forming an oval shape while keeping and maintaining the stock floor height! As soon as I recieve my 848 head for science purposes, I will be able to show and dispell many myths regarding these early mods and show that modern technology and concepts will be the way to progress with these engines.

Great stuff Dude. Do you believe this can be done without adding material and simply modifying the shape within the confines of what a shell reamer would remove? What about some type of helix in that area?

Curt B.
Hi Curt, I believe that just by moving the port opening upward(and leaving the port floor unchanged) and either leaving it round or by reshaping it into some other shape will not only show promising improvements by itself, but also branch into many different ideas for others to explore for more radical concepts that could even end up with the "lump port" as being a final and conclusive goal! I am just opening the doors of possibilities for myself to explore and stimulate others into tapping into "unchartered territory" for the 235 style engines! And sure, any device or divider that can help generate swirl or enhance air movement can easily be implemented either by filling with epoxies or brazing into the ports. I kinda' look at this the same way California Bill and others did back in the day. We all are pioneers at this point, going into and trying new and untested ideas and concepts on this head. But one advantage we have that they didn't, is about 50 years worth of development in racing and other high tech fields to allow us to "revisit" and apply what we have learned in those 50 years....I dont think I or we, will be disappointed with the results!

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer