Originally Posted By: Twisted6 I.I #3220
It could not be a bolt-in due to the way the water chamber is.
At least not from the cut up photos i have seen on these heads.
I have been trying to get my hands on a BAD head for a few yrs
now. Because so many guys have asked me if this could be done.
And from what i have seen those ports are small to start with,
an if they can not be opened up some adding a lump to those
ports may do more harm then good.Unless they could be made very short and Close to the short turn raduis.
But bottom line is If the ports can be opened up before hand i seen no reason why the lump wouldn't help that head.
Your probably right Larry, the intake ports are kinda' small and more concealed compared to the 250/292 L6 heads! I was thinking that to apply the "lump" concept to it would require more aggressive measures, such as brazing or epoxy to contour and reshape the inside of the intake port cavity. Once I recieve my test head, I can section apart the head and create a 3D drawing, and then make a test port with the modifications I need and CNC it out of aluminum, and then tweek the final shape and design after flow bench testing. Im also going to test different port opening shapes and sizes. I was fortunate and able sometime back to create some test orifices for a Winston cup engine builder friend of mine to evaluate. The premise was to test air flow changes in round vs. oval orifices of the same size in square inches. I was also able to get feedback on the results of their findings. Even though what their intended use of them was, was kept confidential. The results gave me ideas for throttle bodies and intake ports and other things that need to have enhanced airflow. So, im just going to try and apply those findings in some ideas I have with heads and other things and see what happens.....

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer