Originally Posted By: inline300
That does suck.

I have to ask, whats your exhaust setup like after the turbo?

And out of cheer curiosity, why a 51 pickup? Hey, im a truck guy that cant get over the pro-street craze..so your 51 tubbed with a kick ass six banger would be a dream come true. \:D

Right off the turbo flange it goes from 2.75" to 4" via a custom V band setup.

From there to the tail pipe its a 4" system orginally off of a duramax. Got 25' of pipe, hangers, muffler all kinds of bends for$100 as a take off, I can't buy a decent muffler for that money. So the sawsall and mig got put to use.

OnceI get the running boards on the truck it all be hidden from view.

Why a '51 GMC - well I needed a motor for the truck as it was just a pile of parts when I got it an no drivetrain. I was really disapointed with the built 292 that was previously in it. It sucked fuel (14 MPG highway), made the same power as the stock early motor (NA) and cost a lot to build. Knowing what I know now I would have gone straight to the 4200. The stock 4200 gets over 25 MPG.

I'm still trying to understand the inliners as a group, and wondering why more folks are not using this engine. Is it the electronics that scare folks off? Or ?????

Last edited by efi-diy; 10/07/08 03:17 PM.

51 GMC 4.2 turbo
Can't solved today's problems using the same technology/thinking that created them