Hi guys thanks for all the good tips. I will keep the oil pump thing in mind. unfortunately its already in the engine and now I don't have the means to replace it. I had rebuilt the engine in somebodies yard and now that it runs I have it at my place and can not do any heavy work on it anymore. I plan on putting torco conventional diesel oil in the crank case once the rings are seated and then also add some torco MPZ additive, that should prevent any wear on the cam and distributor gear. This car will only be used to put around town mostly so its not going to see a lot of RPMs most of the time.

I did realize when I pumped up the oil pressure with a drill as suggested I forget to turn over the engine and do it some more so probably only some of the lifters got filled up. that could explain why it was missing on some of the cylinders. I am hoping it just works its way out once I run the engine long enough. The carburator is next for rebuild so that should help it at least start easier. Thanks again for all the pointers.