Hi Steve, well in my opinion I believe there is just due to the restrictions involved with the stock setup. For power I would say headers would be the first thing I would add (if money were no issue) Heddman makes regular headers as well as Tom Langdon with some cast iron headers. With a stock setup the offenhauser would be a better choice than the clifford as the Clifford is more for the high band and the Offenhauser would be more wide range intake that would include better streetability. I am saying this from my own deductions and the knowledge I have received here.

My engine is a boat engine so it has the marine cam in it which produces more low end torque which is more of what I am looking for. The standard shade tree level, (money and ease) upgrade path for a stock 250 in my personal opinion, would be Heddman Headers, Offenhauser intake, and an RV cam. Headers are next on my list.

As a side note, a buddy of mine and I started at 11am this morning and it is now 4:30 and I am fresh out of the shower and the new engine is IN! we had a storm front come through and the temp dropped 20 degrees and just as we bolted in the last motor mount bolt, it started to sprinkle. We bolted the hood on and walked in the garage just as it started to rain. Perfect timing!

I'll be doing little stuff in the garage for the rest of the evening watching to see when the rain lets up. I did hit a snag too, as we were pounding the harmonic balancer on, the outer ring separated from the inner *argh* we were no where near it too, only hammering onto a wooden block centered in the balancer. It was a new one too! that's another $75 \:\(

76 Chevy Stepside with a '68 230ci