tlowe/Tom
The main problem like you are thinking is that the port window are too small w/your dividers.

I think it should run best w/your lower lumps installed & you open up the sides & top of your intake ports,w/your dividers installed.

Now being it's turbocharged (forcing the air into your cylinder head) ,it is not as critical for needed a really nice port design.

It will be interesting to see what works better,my bet is using the lower lumps & opening up your ports over taking out the lower lumps & making the ports bigger..

When you take out your lower lumps & open up the intake ports,you are going to loose a lot of velosity & I would think there goes your lower RPM street drivability.

Having a good short turn radius really helps out w/the airflow & taking out the lower lumps will really hurt it if it was N/A, just not as bad w/your turbo.

The lower lumps also decrease the volume of the intake ports causing the velosity to increase, which in turn gives you better streetability & overall performance,torque.

I keep telling Douglas to install some lower lumps,no luck so far. :-) His car is normally aspirated & I think the lower lumps will help his cause.

MBH

12 port SDS EFI