I'd like to thank all for their praising of my abiities! I think this type of joint collaberation between fellow enthusiasts is what makes this forum(Inliners) stand out from all others I have tried to particpate in. You wouldn't believe the ridicule I have faced on other forums, because of my wanting to advance or blend early technology with new concepts and thoughts. I think that it will serve many different objectives. First, it will fastforward our efforts by using computer models and software, allowing us to more quickly and effeciently evaluate what we have done, where it would have taken those guys in the 50's, many months to achieve. We can try many different port shapes and contours and repositioning of material in the blink of an eye, and move on to something else more quickly if sufficient gains aren't found, while those guys in 1950 are still thinking and testing on just one subject. Secondly, I think there is much hidden potential in these heads that just hasn't been explored by using 21st century thinking or technology. There are many people who are more than capable to do this same thing I am doing, they just haven't either chosen to, or just aren't interested at all in these "old" engines. So that leaves the chore to the new generation of "pioneers" to take the reins,and use what means they have available to them and move forward. I think that we collectively as a group of serious enthusiasts,can look within ourselves at our own talents and abilities, and what we can contribute to these engines, and not have to depend on big industry to pick up where they fall short in products to us. "Necessity has always been the Mother of invention!" We can make or develop anything we need for these engines ourselves for the simple fact, that nobody knows what "we" want better than us....

Last edited by CNC-Dude; 11/08/08 11:40 PM.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer