I'm building a little Nash/Rambler inline six (195.6 OHV). My target is 175hp (Rambler claimed it was "138 hp" but at 16 seconds to 60, with a 3.77 axle, that seems optimistic). More specs below.

My problem: given a set of turbo specs needed (around 1.3" turbine, A/R around .50, etc) how do I figure out what a likely donor might be?

OK, I need a tiny turbo. Small, slow-turning motor, 4psi boost. Chassis is setup such that you drive this thing 1500 - 2600 rpm. Turbo specs above get me flat torque to 3000, perfect! Bore is 3.125+.040, stroke 4.25 (think beer can!) rod ratio 1.44. Trough intake like the little Chevy motor. Decent exhaust though though long bent path through the head. It's an old Nash design, dropped in 1965.

The low boost is for three reasons: first turbo project, let's be modest. Second gotta work with the current driveline (a T96 3-speed with OD. Last, the really poor head sealing on this motor. (This last is a shame, as the bottom end is all forged parts!)

How do I locate a likely junkyard donor given basic turbo specs? Just comparable output and go with what might fit?

It will get TBI fuel injection as I've got that running on my other Rambler now and I'm confident enough to screw that up all by myself on the next motor.

(I have an old NOS rebuilt unit (1958 short block) I got from eBay this year. It'll get a total teardown and new rings (I'm sure these are all spring out) and a basic balance and reassemble. Got a good head with a recent rebuild but it will get full teardown and inspect. It will get TBI EFI as