Given my experiences with the 292's,I also have seen and had much experiences with the 250 and the Champs that have raced them! I think you will be satisfied with whichever size you choose. One of the single most expensive costs in a 292, is the rod and piston combo. Since you either have a stock rod or custom aluminum or billet steel as a choice($$$$), that makes this portion of the engine package a little higher than for a 250. There is an 6" H-beam steel rod available for the 250(reasonable cost) that puts more economical rod and piston choices in your grasp at much less dinero. So that would be one financial advantage for the 250 vs. 292. Most any other mod from this point would have about the same cost for either,"lump" head, cam, intake,etc. The 250 will also be a little lighter than the 292, if that is a consideration as well. You probably should select a HP range as a goal and see which one will be the most feasible to try and obtain. I know a 292 can make 612 HP, but isn't very practical for anything other than all out drag racing. A 250 can modestly make 375-400 and be fairly reliable and have good longevity. High RPM isn't necessary for either one, but does show they can do anything a V8 can do and have the same results.

Last edited by CNC-Dude; 11/18/08 08:17 PM.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer