[/quote]

Was that with a factory head, or one of his '12 port' heads (since Sissel sells a 12 port non cross flow Ally head for the 250 / 292)? Didn't Sissel used to make a 'cheater' head for the old chevy I6 (235/261). Looked stock on the outside, but was actually aluminum, and flowed quite a bit better? Could it be he snuck something like that by Hot Rod?

Cause a fellah that is as clever as he was, would never try and pull one over on somebody. ;\) (that's good natured sarcasm there) [/quote] It was an aluminum head, but they were emphasizing it was "450 streetable HP"! I met Kay briefly in the summer of 84 when he visited our race shop to discuss the "lump" head that was on Cotton's 292, and marvel at its awesome performance. It was at that time Sissell's most crowning achievement with any "lump" head he had done up till then. I got to pick his brain about many things for that short time he was there, and learned a lot about his "lumps" and other things....real nice guy to. Its a shame we lost him shortly after that.

Last edited by CNC-Dude; 11/20/08 02:13 PM.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer