Originally Posted By: Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank
I think this is on topic.

300 hp is 2X the factory rating of the ford 300. It used a mellings tq cam (mild as it gets as far as aftermarket cams go) 9.5:1 comp ratio (pump gas friendly), idles like a stocker, got 17mpg in a truck (daily driver), there is no reason why this combination wouldnt be considered street friendly, dyno'd 300hp and right at 400tq at the crank....why couldnt a 292 accomplish the same thing?

500 hp street friendly, naturally aspirated, modern day small block, isnt out of the realm of possibility anymore.

X2 MBHD [/quote] I agree, its been done too many times before with great success! I also think that comparing the 300 HP 300ci engine to a 500 HP small block was not an apples to apples comparison. Engines have always been compared one to another based on HP per cubic inch, and a 300 HP 300 is more accurately compared to a 350HP 350. Comparing them based on factory HP ratings skews the results, because some engines are greatly under-rated, and some are over-rated. A 500HP 350 is equal to a 300 making 1.428 HP/CI or 428HP! Which can pretty easily be accomplished with the components available today. And as we have seen, turbos or superchargers ups the possibilities even higher for 6's. I've seen 600HP on a 292, but its on the ragged edge NA, but with forced induction, 600HP is more reliable and has a longer life span. The possibilities are endless....

Last edited by CNC-Dude; 11/20/08 08:02 PM.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer