The Flathead H-beam rod is too skimpy! The forging I am talking about is a 7.100" true BBC forging rated at 750+HP. The cost of this forging is $479 a set + shipping and can even be upgraded to a more high end bolt for an additional $65. To use this rod, the crank cheeks will need to be welded up to match the BBC width and them the journal ground to the 2.200" BBC from the 2.312" 235/GMC journal! You could also take this opportunity to offset stroke the journal as well to gain an additional 7-10 cubes. To make a true application specific 235/GMC rod, I will need to send them one so they can evaluate their raw forging to see if it can accomodate the needed dimensions for the 235/GMC. An additional cost per set of some amount is expected for this if it can be made to work. As I was telling tlowe, this forging is a lot closer to working dimensionally for his 292, than it is for the 235/GMC's as a raw forging, but still gives a user a long rod option that will work in the earlier 6's with a little crank work.... I'll keep us updated as I will send them a 235 rod for evaluation!

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer