After much ransacking today, I finally found the most treasured TRW bearing book(definately Holy Grail stuff) that there is! I had it hid from myself forever, and finally found it. There was a time when you could buy reconditioned connecting rods from them, as well as bearings and pistons. The book shows all the rod specs you could ever need such as rod length, rod width on the B/E, wrist pin size, housing bore size and crank journal size and bearing part # for the rod,even forging #'s. True home run! It also reveiled more differences in the 235 vs. GMC than was first thought, other than rod length. The California Bill book just hinted at the swapping of the GMC rod into the 235, and never really said what had to be done. The rod journal is the same size, but the width of the rod is about .200 thicker on the GMC than the Chevy, so flycutting the sides of the B/E is necessary to install it onto the 235 crank journal. So that means making a common 235/GMC rod more remote, but the 7.100" BBC rod with welding the crank cheeks,still a simple swap for either one.

Last edited by CNC-Dude; 11/30/08 02:59 AM.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer