Beater,

I didn't have to clearance anything except the cam. The Hudson rods barely contacted the cam so I clearanced it.

For those looking for long rods the 308 Hudson rods are pretty easy to find. The problem is finding enough to get a set close in weights (big & small ends) so they will balance.

I designed a piston and had JE build 2 sets for our shop. They have a 50 cc dome which could be cut down to lower the compression if needed. Their also about 400 grams lighter than the stock GMC piston. The pin is 80 grams lighter.

When I had Dema Elgin grind my cam I told him I wanted peak HP @ 5500 RPM and peak TQ at 4500. On the dyno they were 5500 & 4600.
The cam is a flat tappet with spring pressures of 100/300. I've had the engine to 6000 RPM with no problems so far.

The engine pulls HARD above 3500 RPM.

I'd recommend building your own roller rockers. It isn't hard to do and mine came out with a 1.85:1 ratio. I also made the shaft 1.00" so it wouldn't flex. The lift is .613/.573.

If I knew how to post pictures here I'd post some.

By the way, what RPM do you guys want to turn these engines and how much HP do you need?

Ron

Last edited by Ron Golden; 12/06/08 02:12 AM.