The 292 roller lobes would be way too radical for either the 235 or GMC. My cam grinder is going to evaluate his lobe library to see what could be used based on the head flow specs and compression and the normal data needed to select an optimum lobe profile. Plus, the 292 heads are much more capable of better airflow than the earlier heads by far. Even though they share many commonalities and are both siamese style engines, I suspect the overall lifts and durations in comparison will be much lower for the 235/GMC's,unless a 12 port head is used that can significantly boost the airflow #'s. I will be getting some 8620 2"bar stock this week to begin roughing in a couple of roller blanks so I can be on "GO" when I reach that point. Making the rockers wont be that much of a challenge, especially with the CAM software I have available and the equipment to machine them with coupled with my experience in this field. The hardest part will be to acquire the pushrod cups and roller tips and pins for the rockers, most cam companies like Crane and Comp wont sell you those pieces individually, because they dont want anyone to make rocker arms but themselves.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer