Having a good flowing head is not as critical when you are sending pressurized air into your cyl head.
That being said,your engine will still make more power when you do all the tricks of the trade to your cylinder head.

But when you divide your cylinder head like Tlowe did & making your intake port window too small you are losing some power.

Turbo6 did that with his cylinder head(divided intake port),but he had to turn up the boost more to make the same power as a undivided cyl head.

Turbo6 seems to have fuel distribution problems (running lean in a few cyl's? IIRC) w/the siamessed port so he divided the intake ports,but this made the intake port window too small.
He now has a Brazilian made GM 12 port cyl head to try out.

From people I talk to from Brazil,that particular 12 port cylinder head will crack @ the 500 HP range,casting is too thin,& that is why the heavy hitters in Brazil with there fast inline Chevy 6's use the siamessed port cyl head.

Just some info I have gattered from a few guys I talk to in Brazil,could be right,could be wrong????

MBHD

Originally Posted By: russk
Guys:

I'm probably off in "left field" on this but I'm wondering if all the port work (lumps and dividers, etc.) beyond some basic port 'n polish work is really so much of an issue with a turbocharged application? Is there a "ram effect" in play with a pressurized intake charge or does that only apply to naturally aspirated engines? Just curious . . .

12 port SDS EFI