I've never been one for "ultimate" tuning. I've never really had enough time for that. I have two kids car seats in the back of my '55(I'm a stay-at-home dad), so reliability is very important to me. As far as I'm concerned, I just want my motor to start every time, be somewhat more efficient(both in power and mileage), and look cool.

I leave the jets alone. My thought is that the carb meters the amount of fuel to the amount of air going through it. Period. Possibly by having the lower vacuum signal will change the mixture at idle, but thats what the idle mixture screws are for, right? I feel like at wide open throttle, a properly functioning carb will do its job. If it is a little more rich, then the more free flowing exhaust will help to properly move that out and make more power from the extra fuel.

Hope everybody's feeling OK this morning...
Moose

Originally Posted By: Armond, II#298
I couldn't see how close the pipes were to the manifold, at 1/2 inch I'm with Moose in just sync em and see how it runs. Don't bother with the copper tube, it doesn't work that well (it's been done). In the tech section under "IMPROVING DRIVEABILITY WITH MULTIPLE ROCHESTERS" You will find all you need to know to make them work better, jetting tips and all that. You'll have to get it running to see what you need for jets. I had two on my '41 Chevy (235 W/split exhaust) and after the mods, they ran better and got better mileage than the single did!