I have finally got my engine off the stand and in the car! I need to finish some wiring and install my gauges and fire this thing up. She's mostly a stock rebuilt 250 with an RV cam, Clifford intake & headers, Holley 390, MSD distributor, coil & wires. Lots of polished stainless fasteners, braided lines, powder coating and black paint. This may not be to everybody's taste but I'm very pleased with what I've accomplished. I can't wait for the first car show this spring. In a sea of sbc she will stand out.
I plan on driving her daily. Thanks to all, for everything I have learned here.

The car: 74 Nova hatchback with 2" cowl induction hood, tinted windows, 17" Torq Thrust wheels, Hotchkis springs and KYB shocks all around.

The interior with new carpets, door sills and upholstery. I have an in-dash tach and dashboard pad to go in next.

Engine Before: stock smog one barrel with 100K miles

Engine After:

Aluminum Radiator. Score!

Check the Bow-Tie shroud bolts with the matching radiator cap.

I have an X-pipe and a pair of turbo mufflers to install. The air cleaner and breather will get taped off and have a little black paint applied to carry out the theme. Future plans include a 194 head with Lumps By Larry (Go Larry!)& other goodies... Anybody got a modified head they want to sell? Maybe a gear change and/or tranny swap. Maybe an Edelbrock carb, depending on how this 390 runs...(thanks Nexussian) The main thing is I finally got the thing off the stand and in the car! I had dreams about a blower set-up (sorry guys, but those turbos just aren't very attractive! Though Tom's El Camino is pretty cool...) on her but I'm basically a novice and pleased with what I've done and what I have learned. Thanks again for all the knowledge you have shared (except for the guy who said "some boat engine is missing it's side covers...") I welcome your comments and feedback (even if you do think it looks like a boat engine...) And to think it all started when I was just going to get some headers and I came across this wonderful site. I will post more pics and some youtube footage when I drive her.

Best regards,

Chris
74 Nova 250 TH350 Daily Driver