I used Silv-O-Lite 366 BBC pistons #3481HC std, these pistons have a teflon coated skirt. The compression height is 2.100. My 292 had .072 from top of piston to the deck. IIRC the 292 was bored .0635 over. I don't remember the exact numbers, but the pin bores on the rods had to be enlarged about .043, there was a problem doing this. First the oem rods are not very consistent in centering the pin bores. luckily I had 3 sets of rods and was able to select 1 set that had the same amount of material on both sides (centered). The shop had to send them to be bored. I also had the rods polished. I ended up saving about 1/2 pound per cylinder, compared to oem weight. I had to find the 2 spare piston to get the part number, so I'll try and mic the top of piston to see what the before and after is. I've got some pictures I'll see if I can't get them up on flickr. The shop that did the work is Cal's Machine in Oakdale, CA. I've seen everything in their shop from the usual bent stuff to inlines from f*rd flat head fours to Packard straight eights, so I'm confident about the work they do.

Lennart we've hijacked your thread, but I hope all this helps some. The problem your up against is one we'd like to solve. I wish I had more miles on my 292.

Larry

Ignorance can be fixed Stupidity is forever