Hank and Halfwacked,

I'm the guy who posted that thread about the stiffer oil pressure relief valve spring a few months ago, and I finally found where you can get it and what the part number is. Apparently it's available aftermarket from Mr. Gasket. They call it a High Pressure oil pump spring, and their part number is 26. You can probably look it up on Mr. Gasket website or order one from your friendly local auto parts store. Sorry it took so long to come back with an answer; things have been a little crazy in my personal life lately. Anyway, the advertised specs on this spring say that it will give you 80 psi cold and 45-50 psi hot, which is exactly what happened in my 194 running 20W-50 oil, so I'm reasonably sure that it's the same spring that I got from Chevy years ago. Oh, yeah, it's for the sbc V8, but it fits the 6 cyl oil pumps just fine. And it costs 5 bucks (cost half a buck in 1976, but a lot of things were less expensive then). And I did find a part # for a factory spring (used in the 300 hp 327 sbc motor) which is 14024240 and it costs $5.24 from Chevy dealers and gives the same oil pressure as the Mr. Gasket spring, but has to be ordered; nobody stocks it. Hope this info helps out some.

Formerly known as 64NovaWagon.