nice comment Newby and its very good to point out options- I saw this article years ago when it came out-again, you can do what is there and have a better than stock engine....Let me ask this direct question to you Newby and those interested? ..Do you understand the relationship to head airflow and camshaft design and engine performance? Do you understand lift and duration?....From my research and those that have done it also, you can find that these heads WILL NOT flow well with the Intake boss in the port...you you add bigger valves and remove the boss you will flow less than using the stock 1.72 valve and a lump port modification....Also if you do not modify the head with lumps in the intake head port, you might as well not buy a cam that has over .400 lift because these heads do not flow over .400 lift without modification-NO matter what cam you use-MANY have tested this... why do u think GM used a .386 lift cam in the 250's and a .406 lift cam in the 292's? they knew these heads just could not flow anymore so why put bigger cam in?( 292 has a little more lift due to longer stroke able to draw in more air-.020)Look at Isky cams-they have done there homework and they have VERY little lift even on their race cams... you can either trust me and others who have done head testing and engine performance or just do what you think what works-Yes, lots of things can work, but do you think some things work better? Have you tried any major head work and seen the difference how the engine performs?....I am only sharing this info for those that want to know it and hopefully accept it.....