Lee the heads Mike has is a raised port for the most part. The intake comes in near the top of the head at a angle Down into the port. That is also why you would need to either make your own intake Or buy one from mike kirby. Because the stock,Offey,clifford intakes would Not fit.The race head. And about the only thing i know about the this newwer head is it does have some what of a smaller port size and It now has water going into it.I know it is better to get the air into the head straight down the best that you can By rasieing the whole intake floor Like what mike kirby has done with the Alum head.

Ok guys I'm sorry this turned into another heated issue. But it is not. The heads do need some work other then just a lump. But the lump is just The begainning Intake (and exhaust side)The straigther one can get the air to flow over the valves the better and the less shrouding around the Valves the better That is why Bigger is Not always better. I have seen heads from stock to Even 202 valves in these heads Yes even a 202 and the car runs Very well. But yes it took some work to unshroud the valves. even on some heads People have Off set the valves. Heads have even Been angle cut to increase comp and to help in the way the head may flow. But with angle cutting the head the Bolts/Push rod holes all have to be Recut and the surface for the head bolts. But it is also known that the Vthing heads are another way to go But that to comes at a very high price.and a lot of extra work. the head as well as the block.
So weather it be a vthing or our L6s it's all about money and what one can afford to spend.That is why most of us spend a little at a time till we have all the we need then start building.and if one has a lot of money the less time it takes to build anything right LOL

Ok let get back to some fun }[oooooo]

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.