I am tearing apart my 250 and it is my first entire rebuild. Have everything taken out except the cam, and the head is staying together, as it is integrated and I plan on rebuilding it for a turbo setup once the funds allow in a year or so.

Basically this is to clean up everything so the next rebuild will be a tad easier and now I know whats inside the motor and have a little experience.

Anyway, I need to know what can be re-used and what should be replaced for sure. I know gaskets obviously, but is it ok to reuse old rings, bearings, bolts not TTY, etc?

The crank is huge! I will definitely be looking into knifing it and putting a billet steel flexplate in front of a 2500-3000 stall tq converter for the turbo setup.

I plan on letting some CLR sit on the bare block in the water jacket because there is a good deal of rust, and don't quite have enough for an acid wash.

Mostly the gaskets will be replaced, but for the 2nd time around, and I do search when I can, but what would be best to get the most efficiency for the turbo setup? I am not asking about the turbo itself, just what valve springs, alterations and modifications, things like that. I also realize forged piston heads are best, and the 1963 crank was the only forged crank according to my inline book.

I know some of these questions are answered, but nothing shows up recently so thought a refresher would be good.

Thanks.