Originally Posted By: tlowe #1716
marc,
nice to see it is running! looks kinda like a science project or some of my college projects. at this point it looks alittle daunting , especially to anyone who knows nothing about electronic gizmos. there is room in there for a few more loose wires. enough teasing.
sounds good though, have you ran it much more? i'd like to know some of the timing basics. tom

nice to see it is running! looks kinda like a science project or some of my college projects. at this point it looks alittle daunting , especially to anyone who knows nothing about electronic gizmos. there is room in there for a few more loose wires. enough teasing.
sounds good though, have you ran it much more? i'd like to know some of the timing basics. tom [/quote]

We have a lot ice and snow behind the shop so I haven't driven it. Its nearly the same configuration that we ran last year on the Black Opel on the salt so I would not see any issues with the install. The only difference is the Black Opel used the EDIS coil pack instead of the COP coils - the result is the same.

I actually loaded the Black Opel tune up file to get the ignition parameters ( just quicker) then overwrote the Opel's fuel and spark table with my own from the stock turbo motor.

With the EDIS system the engine cranks a lot longer before it fires, I was surprised how fast it fired up!

51 GMC 4.2 turbo
Can't solved today's problems using the same technology/thinking that created them