Ok so this is Ken from Oakland again. You all were so helpful last week in helping figure out my 250 block casting ID # (turn out it was originally a Beaumont/Chevelle from Canada...) that i thouught I'd ask a few of you "old timer" Inliners for your suggestions. Like many, I come from the 350 Chevy world so this will be my first inline 6 rebuild and I know you guys are a wealth of knowledge so here goes.

Here is the deal: I have a 63 Nova with a tired 194. I have a doner 250 that needs rebuilding. My goal here is to drive the 63 Nova most everyday 25 miles each way to and from work for a year and see if it is possible to use that car as a true daily driver. I want to build a "driver with muscle" essentially. My question is: WHAT is you guys' "favorite recipe" for a 250 based engine with that dual use of BOTH commuting and fun? Specifically, what cam,head, header, manifold, and carb would you suggest to achieve that marriage of daily drivability, decent gas mileage, and a bit of fun when you romp on it? I want to spend $ where I will truly see a difference and not waste $ buying silly shiny stuff cause if I wanted to keep doing that, I would just keep building 350's, right? So, if a stock part works just fine, please say so. Thanks in advance for you suggestions. I figure i will save a lot of time going out to you guys cause many of you could recite off the top of your heads what you would do. Thanks in advance for your perspectives. Pics and a performance review of this motor will follow!

Last edited by KJY63Nova; 03/09/09 02:31 PM.