Originally Posted By: 6inarow I.I. #1475
Read up on Tommy Thiskstun and how this intake was developed. You have to remember that when he designed these it was 1937. he made them for racing applications. as a group hot rodders dragged them to the streets for daily use, but thats not what they were intended for.

The fins were used to hold ice cubes to keep the fuel condensed for drag racing. So the fins arent amusing they were practical for the use they were intended.

Funny a tattersfield was picked as a "nicer" design. thickstun designed that one too. The 2 companies merged in the 40's.

IMHO the thickstun is the most bitchin intake developed. It served a purpose for the time. yeah, we can knock it now, but I wont. The aluminum 2 pot intake I designed and built doesn't work as well as Thickstun's.

Great info Tom and thanks for sharing. At first I thought it was a reproduction and after reading that Joe looked at it I thought it must be an original never used one. Now the same guy has posted another for sale. What are the chances of somebody having two in that condition? Is it possible it's a repop?

1952 Chev 1300 Cdn. ½ ton