I know what you mean about publications with misinformation also now the internet is the same, you have to prove everything to yourself. That's why I always go by the numbers, what was the record of F/D in 1896 and what was the weight to cubic inch factor. E/D is now the old F/D, and the record now for E/D is 7.44 @ 176.81 at 4.50 lbs per cu in that makes about 450 to 500 hp for that ET and speed.

Jim Hedrick has always been my six cly God. He took the Sissel-Kirby bump port head (an ingenious design) and took it to the next level. We are all at a loss without him.

Back in the mid to late seventies, I was just a kid and couldn't hang with my brothers older gang as much as I would have liked. One of his friends built the chassis on the ChevyII and another designed the 3 Holley intake manifold and my brother help build the manifold. Jim and Cotton used our trailer to campaign the Chevy II. Anyway Jim told my brother about changing the cam timming for better mixture control. Do you remember anything on this?

Turbo-6