Oh sorrs, I am building a 1960 SWB apache for the wife, atm it has 4.11 rear.. The build was going different when it was for me. I picked up this 6 and figured I would back it with a 700.. With the 4.11 and the low gearing of the 700r it should really pick up nice, although I figured I would probably have to change out the gear ratio for more of a cruiser for the wife. Orig it was going BBC/powerglide/4.11 but I build a chevelle over the last few years so I figured best to score some points and build something for her before I dig myself a grave or even worse and she takes them all:)

Anyhow it came pretty built up with offy 4b intake, dual exh headers, crane rockers, it had a 600 holley on it?? Seemed very large to me, figured based on my reading to drop to atleast a 500 or a 390 if I could find one.. For what I paid I couldnt have purchased the rockers and it had never been fired.. I would love to be able to afford 3 singles but if I went that way I would look more twords injected and of course the budget says I would tbi my chevelle first ;\)

Thanks for advice, from what I have read it seems odd such a mild cam if the guy put the 194 head on it? I figured with the low torq they have they were going for high compression low torq for like 1/8th mile or something.

Skez

Last edited by Skezix; 04/11/09 02:06 AM.