1961- 1966 Buicks were very popular on 1/2 mile county fair tracks in s.e. Iowa and won the club championship all but one of these years.[HUDSON] I ran a 320" in a '41 buick special. Used the stock front mount and moved everything back. I ran a engine out of a '49 ambulance. Low miles good cylinder walls, inserted bearings. Head was milled .25",extensive porting. Pistons were stock tubrolators as buick called them. 348" chevy exaust valves. Washers under valves spring, no idea of spring presure, as at that time I hadn't heard of the word. had a POTVIN cam, don't remember a thing about specs. Ran a '39 large series trans as it had the 2nd gear we needed. RAN A 3;90 rear gear with 820 15 super sports I got used from IMCA late model racecrs in KEOKUK IO. This engine turn 6000 top end of the straights every SATURDAY nightall summer. We narrowed the rods about .020 to let the oil flowthru the rods a little better. These engines were to be stock appearing from the outside, I ran the 2-2barrel intake and the stock "41 dual exaust manifolds. These were wonderful engine and hooked dumb "genius" kids like me on inlines for the rest of my life. I was 14 when I started woring on them AND drove in the MISSISSIPPI VALLEY SPEEDWAY CLUB for THREE[3] YEARS BETWEEN THE TIME OF MY 21st and 22nd birthday. Remember when you had to have your parents consent if under 21? Thanks for letting me ramble. 1 OL REDNECK

DARRELL KRAFT I.I.#113