Set the timing to zero (pointer and ball bearing on flywheel match up)

Installed the 3.1L computer and left in the 3.1L injectors. Let it idle until it got up to around 190 degrees and actually did better than I expected. Has a slight fluctuating idle but not bad. Idles around 800. The next time I have a chance Im going to experiment a bit more. Plan is to try both the 4.3 and 2.8 injectors with the 3.1 computer and see how it goes. Still wondering about the 261 running better with a 4.3 computer and 5.0 injectors. Maybe I will have the same outcome with the 3.1 computer and 4.3 injectors.

The Throttle position sensor checks out fine, the map sensor I'm not quite sure on. I get 5.1 volts across terminals A (sensor return/ground) and C (sensor 5v reference), which seems correct. Across terminals A and B (sensor signal to computer) I get like 4.2 volts. Across terminals C and B I get about .3 volts. All this is with the key ON and engine OFF. From the testing procedure that I got off of a automotive repair site, this is backwards.

I have to test the IAC valve yet.

More than likely I will just end up purchasing a new MAP sensor anyways and getting a few IAC valves at the local yard.

will see!!!

Last edited by drummin52; 04/13/09 09:45 PM.

Chris
1952 Chevy 3600 (3/4 ton) pickup w/54 235
Clifford Intake w/ holley 4bbl carb