Some of you will scoff at turning a rust free 65 elco into a drag car. But I have too many and can't haul the family in the one I drive. So here is the 2nd one.
Plan is to use the car without totally wrecking it for later street use. It is titled.

It is starting as a 64 roller i bought at a swapmeet with some nice stuff.
California body that is not straight.
great frame
front discs
it came with 2 12 bolts 65 and a 67
gutted

Changing the frame to a wagon frame to lighten the car, while also installing a roll bar for safety. the frame will get swapped out very soon.

bought some used fiberglass doors, and a 65 1 piece front clip. trying to make this as light as possible.

going to run a turbocharged inline 6 with a duggan 12 port head. fuel injected of course, to keep it fun. allready built a 12 bolt w/ spool and 3.73 w/ford bearings and moser axles.

need more ideas on how to lighten up the car without destroying it.

he wagon frame is the same dimensions but not boxed, just as you thought. i know it weakens the car, but the cage will add stiffness back to it.

other weight saving measures besides the unbolting options are:
aluminum calipers on front
alum master cyl
tubular front upper control arms
lexan side and rear windows, stock front windshield
fiberglass bumpers, doors, front clip
powerglide trans

i need ideas for a lite weight front lower control arm/spring package. this car will be lite in the front and wondering if a coil over would be a good choice to use.

and presenting the frame. it is a 67 station wagon frame. cost 100.00 to blast it and 116.00 to powder coat it. they do nice work! they had it done 3 days after i dropped it off.

here is the rundown for the frame/suspension.
rear suspension:
boxed GM lower conrol arms ( poly bushings)
UMI lower arm relocation brackets
edelbrock adjustable upper control arms
GM frame stiffeners ( between lower and upper arms)
Stock drum brakes ( no parking brake hardware)

front suspension:
SPC adjustable upper arms ( greasable joint)
stock lower arms
Globalwest Delrin bushings
lightening holes in lower control arms( drilled by me)
stock disc brakes
Wilwood aluminum calipers

For springs there are stockers for now. once car is assembled, then i will weigh it and order the appropriate weight springs.

frame is now installed! told my 8 yr old it would take about 1 hr to swap, he looked at me and said no way! had the old one out in about 20 minutes (body on hoist) and new one bolted in within the hr. we had a blast.

seats were bolted in last night. next it goes to my guy to get a roll cage installed. i know pics are coming. tom

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com