I have replaced several frontends with aftermarkets units like fatmans, compition engineering and can tell you that you will knock off at least 200+lbs off compared to a stock front end especially where the crossmemeber in these cars is relatively huge. My 67C10 I knocked off over 300+lbs and did not modify to lighten, where as my 48 & 50 chevy coupes was closer to 200lbs due to the fact they didnt have very big crossmembers. The Fatman crossmember is 3/8 thick and can easily be modified by swiss cheesing it to cut even more weight. Aftermarket light weight rotors & calipers vs the ones they give you for even more weight savings. Of all the frontend kits I have installed I liked the Fatman much better for quality. Also note that if you are not cutting the car up bad enough that it cant be put back on the road afterwards that using a coilover suspension woould not be the way to go, small springs with heavy frontend weight just doesnt work and you would be better off with springs or possibly airbags. Just my presonally opinion is that I am not into air suspensions.