strokersix,
I am not that good @ explaining camshaft traits. But I have tried more agressive soild camhafts over the hyd cams I have used & could always get by w/more duration on the solids. More streetable.

I believe that is why they made Rhodes lifters,people did not want to adjust there solid lifter cams that often,but they wanted the top end power still.

I have had sets of those also BTW (Rhodes lifters) ,,trying to make good streetable power,having good top end,& desent vacuum.

When all the trials I have had with camshafts,it was worth it for me to have to adjust the valve lash once in a while to get the power I was looking for while still getting desent vacuum (I got all of this with solid lifter camshafts)

I said it correctly though. It's not backwards.

If you have a soild camshaft of 220 degress duration & a hyd cam with 210 degrees duration, w/all other specs being the same,lift,lobe center line etc,,they (the camshafts will idle close to the same as eachother. Pull the same amount of vacuum.

But,,,you will make more power & have a quicker reving engine w/a solid lifter camshaft.

Therefore ,you can get away w/a more agressive camshaft profile w/a solid lifter camshaft..

Soild lift cams has faster ramp rates,& solid roller camshafts have even a faster ramp rate than a solid cam.

Another thing you can do w/soild lifter camshafts is you can play around w/the valve lash,,,to give you less bottom end,more top end etc,sorta like adavancing or retarding your camshaft w/an offset crank key or the three way keyed gear sets or the fully adjustable ones that are made in Argentina IIRC?

BTW,,,
I did not know George was looking to turbocharge his 292????
I thought it is a N.A. engine.

I must have missed it.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI