I don't know who owns the link below but I am grateful for all the scanning they did. Most of the "classic" Falcon Six (144-170-200-250) articles are there. Enjoy!

http://www.geocities.com/hotrod_inline6/

Your 1980 fortunately is not dogged down vs. the 1960s as much as the big v8's were. It's 94 net hp is almost the equivalent of the original 120 gross hp when the 200 came out.

So just make sure your camshaft is not retarded (I think they are best at about 3 degrees advance, as some of them are - that is something you can do almost for free, and learn how to "Degree" a camshaft in the process. That's just to keep it running right.

As far as hopup stuff, first realize you can always make horsepower cheaper with a v8. But where's the fun in that?

Read the articles at the site up there, then start looking out for deals on speed parts. The little 200 will make good power with the right parts, and has always like the 3 x 1 barrels on top with headers.

You can swap to the 250 six, but it is not as easy as you might think, as the mounts and brackets are different - it's not like swapping from a 194 Chev to a 250 Chev.