Sherman wouldn't give me any pics of his head. But he did describe in great detail all the things he did,even saying it looked like an SB2 port turned on its side. He even reshaped the combustion chamber into the more modern heart-shaped style, and ended up with it at 21cc's. Now he can attain the same compression with a flat top that we were getting with a big dome. His divided port is welded in and blended with generous radius' front to back on both sides of the divider. What Darren told me he did 10 years ago was much cruder, but still had impressive results for no more time and effort than it took him to do it. From his description, after he ground the brazed "lumps" down, it appeared much like a head that is ready to install the bolt-in lumps with just a flat floor with the head bolt boss removed. These heads for the Comp motors have a much wider port than the street bolt-in "lump" heads have, but look very similar when they are at this stage of construction. Darren said he just rolled the short side radius with what material was left after removing the "lumps", and fitted the dividers to fit the shape of the profile vertically(floor to roof) as best he could, still having to make a notch to clear the short bolt in the port floor,and welded it as an extension on the end of the intake port flange. Not being an experienced head porter, Darren is however a very excellent fabricator,his dad has the best aftermarket race header company there is, and Darren at 13 or 14 years of age was building headers, and at 16, was competing in NHRA Super Stock and doing good. Again, Darren's approach seemed a little cruder but the results were enough to get your attention. I think for so long, it was just accepted that the "lumps" were the only way to make these heads flow and perform, and no one was looking to find a "next" level to climb to. I know that was our thinking on it. I am currently doing (2) brazed "lump" heads for a guy in South America that are very similar to Cotton's heads, and I am thinking of experimenting with the divider idea. I'll post some pics and data when I get to that point....

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer