I sent it to him in kit form to make the shipping cheaper(fits in a USPS Flat Rate Box that way),and he welded it himself. I typically Tig them together,but the finished product ends up costing about 6-7 more dollars to ship because of the larger box it has to fit in after your done. The next batch I do, I was considering offering to machine the persons Inliners username or personalize it more for them as an option, maybe....

The plate has a hole cut into it that is the same size as the tube so I can weld it on both sides of the plate. Might not offer any strengh advantage for the weld, but it just gives you the extra piece of mind. Plus, since the tube is inserted thru the plate, that also supports some of the engines weight and the weld isn't having to take and support the full weight of the engine, as opposed to being butt welded flat against the plate. Anyway, thats just my thinking, it might not even make a difference.

I did test fit it with several engines before settling on this design. And while it doesn't have any crank clearance issues with the Stovebolt or GMC shortblocks it checked and tested it with, I guess there could be that one odd one out there that might be the exception, but yes Beater, check it with what you have to see if you have any problems.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer