Beater,
I am hanging in. Arms and shoulders are feeling it from all the head lifts, those things are heavy and the 292 is a tall bugger on the dyno!
Have some nice handles made by a fellow inliner that work great with 2 people. Still a grunt though.

After todays runs, not sure about the 2 biggest cams. Typically , we have been shutting down the run when max HP has been reached. Well with this cam, Max HP was around 5200-5300 rpm. Which meant revving to 5400-5500 for the dyno to get good readings. That is more RPM than I like for a 292 with it's big stroke. This one is balanced, and nothing has shook loose , yet. But these are known for problems around this rpm.

This cam has specs of .524 lift and duration of 214@ .050. So not a big cam, I was surprised to see it liked the rpm so much. In fact it sure sounds tough @ 4700 to the end of run.

The next cam is a split duration grind, with more duration on the intake than the cam just used.
specs are :
.521/.512 lift 218/212 @ .050 and 114 lobe separation.

I think it will make more tq. But that is just a theory.

One other thing is , the shop is ready to get another motor on the dyno. I have been very lucky that this is a slow time of year for them.

So this next cam may be it for this session. Tom

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com