I would ask that NO ONE leave this discussion. We are all here for the same reasons and many of you have knowledge the rest of us need. Our performance needs are as varied as the gasoline engine powered quest gets. I don't know of a 292 powered motorcycle but I wouldn't be shocked to find one. They, and their inline brethren, will be found all other forms of conveyance. There has always been quite a bit of "oral tradition" passed around especially about various full race applications. There have also been volumes written mostly about race motors. Except for Leo's book must of the info is 50+ years old and for a different generation of engines. What is happening here, from my view any way, is that Tom is attempting to sort out some of the commonly held beliefs using dyno data. As we all know each engine component of a modified engine must be matched to all of the others. Swapping major components on a short block in a limited time frame cannot give maximum results. We knew that going in. What we hope to gain here is a good look at combos that work. If something doesn't we can ask why. Wrong combo? Maybe? Piece of crap? Doubtful but maybe. The focus is streetable power and as e know there is nothing exact about the terms "street & driver". Filling the gray area between Grandma's Biscane and Douglas's Opla is going to be a vast undertaking. It begins by getting Tom's results in a form that can be reviewed by all. For some that will be it and they will trot off to to the equipment mongers with confidence and written "proof" and purchase the parts listed and forever think by bolting them in place they are duplicating Tom's results. OK by me! Other's will say," Wait a @#&$'% minute that worked for me!" and they will argue their point till their dying day. A few will see a discrepancy and their nature will not allow them to ignore it. Hopefully those guys are contributers to THIS bulletin board and they will lead us to more testing and problem solving and add their results to the information HERE. Some are going to have their beliefs put in doubt and some my get their automotive toes stepped on. I doubt if Clay Smith, Isky,and Crower always agreed. First one to the finish only wins THAT race!

Compression vs Flow: In the 90s Kenny Kloth ran a '49 Merc at Bonneville with a Flathead V8 that set records in two classes and had a best run of 148mph with 5.8:1 cr!

Sorry for the rant, Beater

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain