a1953mdl

Holley or Holley type carbs have done everything from draw through to blow through,I would stick w/some sort of Holley,because there are books on how to modify or shops that know how to modify your carbs to your needs.

Holley sells plasitic floats that won't collaspe under boost.
My DCOE Webbers had brass floats & they collasped w/8 psi of boost pressure,so I bought there plastic ones that worked & did not collasped.

I remember a girl street racer here in Cali that had a early Nova ,ran a Weiand 164 IIRC, street blower,, all the books & calculaters from weiand & B&M & other sorces stated the 350 w/that blower & psi she made only needed a 750 CFM carb,,she ran that for a while then she decided to install an 850,,,quess what happened,she went slower,,,,just kidding,, she whet faster made a bit more boost & her 1/4 mile time dropped .5 seconds w/the carb change.

So, just saying some calculaters & charts don't always show what works best,sure they are pretty close for the most part.

Like my 48 MM DCOE Webers the books & charts said it was too big for my application.
But I got them so cheap $200 w/cannon manifold, I had to try them out anyways.
Those were the best running carbs set-up I have ever ran.

The thing I noticed mostly from them being too big was,@ 3/4 throttle to full throttle,really did not feel much difference.

I can only imagine how much better if would have run if I had more appropreatly sized 45 MM carbs on.

DCOE carbs have seals on the trhottle shafts,so no leak there,there are mods to do on the Holley throttle shafts so they dont leak.
You will see what I am talking about.
When you are blowing through a carb that was not designed to blow through,,you will find leaks that you would not have even thought about area could leak,but they are fixable.

Hope this helps some.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI