Originally Posted By: THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
 Originally Posted By: THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
Car wise I'll finish up my '46 pickup, build the body for my '30s era champ car and begin restoration of The Last Logghe altered.

Here is what we got accomplished in three shop days on the Logghe car:

new main rails

a new front axle

hung the shocks

a very simple, straight-forward 4-bar suspension - about two inches of total travel

Tomorrow I will machine the Ford-six-to-powerglide block plate and Thursday we will install the dummy engine and finish up a few details before bringing it back home. I am really excited about how the front end turned out - a straight axle look with coil overs similar later Logghe funny car chassis. I look forward to setting this car up with a bullet proof six / 'glide combo and hitting some of the regional nostalgia races. Stop by and chat if you see us at your track.

After a few finishing details such as placement of the gas pedal and fuel tank mounts we brought the car home from Advanced Chassis today. I am anxious to finish it off and get some seat time in 'er again after a decade of languishing. I think I am going to put a stock type U-flow head on it with one of my homemade 3 x 1 tri-power intakes - if my headers will clear it. Then add a hi-stall 8-inch converter, a 1.82 Powerglide, and a 5.14 pig and try it out. New interior tinwork and paint job too in a bright orange or yellow with retro panels and lace or some such.

FORD 300 inline six - THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN DRAG RACING!