The best thing that comes from all of this will be for more guys to build more engines and prove each other wrong, that we can all learn from that.
Go ahead and post drag strip numbers or dyno numbers or even fuel mileage, we don't care, just don't stand there and tell me your crap is better then my crap. I can go to any local cruise night and hear that!

Here I will start, stock 250, home made intake with three Corvair carbs, stock exhaust, stock cam, 3100 lb 1937 Chevy truck, ran 17.91@ 74 mph. Thats little over 140 hp at the flywheel and about 125 or on the ground, There I feel better!

The dyno is no way the ultimate answer, its purpose is to show the difference between parts on the day they are tested, same for a chassis dyno, and as stated before this started, dyno's don't work right below about 2500 rpm, 3000 is even better. Depending on the dyno set up, and there are a lot of them, you can make a engine perform as you want. I seen my uncles car gain 15 hp on the chassis dyno, just by airing up the tires , so did the air add HP to the engine? I doubt it.

There are so many ways to one job, it would take a years worth of dyno test to prove anything 100% true. So go build that engine and slap it on a dyno or in a chassis and show me.

Joe