i think there are many who read this forum for the exchange of ideas and the attempts to see what works and what doesn't. i hope that you will not be discouraged by the occasional displays of anger and pride that happen in some of the exchanges. i hope that you will continue to report on your work with the older cylinder heads. i can hope to learn and profit from the information you provide.

All of us need to think carefully about what we write before we write it on this forum. We cannot see one another's faces or hear the voices of others -- all we have are words on the screen, and our ability to read and interpret what is meant. We do well always to give one another "the benefit of the doubt." Sometimes a private message can lead to clarification of a disputed point before it becomes publicly contentious. In any case we should always be "quick to listen," and listen carefully, and then be "slow to speak," choosing our words carefully. If we doubt someone's proposals or conclusions, there are better ways to settle such issues than insults and innuendo. Good data, critically derived and evaluated, will settle most of our arguments and help us build better engines, which is what we really want to do.

Curt, will you please keep on keepin' on with your work, and will you please report it here and in The 12-Port News? "Inquiring minds want to know."

If you are interested in testing a GMC head in this way, i may be able to help with that.

God's Peace to you.

d
Inliner #1450