Curt, when I originally started my projects with the Stovebolt and GMC head porting and testing. I found that the rocker shaft issue needs to be addressed, I needed to make a fixture to take the place of the existing rocker shaft to be able to position an indicator over any given valve in the correct orientation to be able to measure how far you open it to teat the flow. Since the GMC head has valves that are at the same angle(intake and exhaust the same), its not that difficult to fashion something to position the indidcator in this manner, but the Stovebolt head has valve angles very different, one to another, so making an adjustable fixture that not only can move side to side, but also change the angles front to back is also necessary. So, you might have to contend with this type of little snags along the way as well. By far the GMC head has far more breathing capability than the Stovebolt has, but each can be enhanced considerably more. I guess I need to get back on these projects myself so we can try different things to see what best helps these heads the most and what will be the most beneficial modifications to make. I have started the GMC head first because it is easier to deal with the indicator issue. I keep everyone posted. Thanks

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer