Thanks for the encouragement and suggestions. Some days the learning curve on this project are a bit steep but now I know:

1. Data increments will be .050” apart up to .5”
2. Rocker stand holes are usable only needing a 3/8”nc X 5/16”nf adapter.
3. Special springs are used for flow testing so I should have left those off.
4. The rubber gasket needs to be the full size of the adapter plate. (shaped like head gasket)
5. I now have seen what a flow curve is and where we want to bend it based on the use parameters. I put more emphasis on grunt/mid than higher RPM.
6. That box of old intake valves will be useful for testing different seat geometry to detect the sweet spot.
7. I can go ahead and prepare a head with incremental improvements across the 6 ports and worry about refining shape later.

His first impression having a whole head in hand is that my hope of retaining the stock alignment ring will be where things would get held back. It looks like new, larger, alignment rings and matching steps in the head and intake will be needed to get full benefit. I should have numbers early in the new year and besides CFM should be able to definitively answer issues of intake vs. exhaust efficiency as well as if shortened, tapered guides make a noticeable difference. He must also have some fancy gizmo to articulate the opening device and I’ll try to get a picture of him in the act when it happens.

1952 Chev 1300 Cdn. ½ ton