Thanks again to everyone especially those I have been pestering over the last months. I sent over the HRM/McGurk articles as well as the Webrodder head installment to provide some background on what we are working on and noted that the cutting tools/process were nearly identical 50 years later which is why I thought this deserved some attention. Realizing we are working on first generation corvette hop up and not just an old truck head got him more curious and he put it up last night for a trial run. Rough maximum flow showed 160 on the intake and 100 for the exhaust @ 28”drop. This is a 58-62 848 head and not an end exhaust port but one of the siamesed ones.

I have located a loaner new repop offy dual intake with a pair of sae 3 Rochester B’s on it for test purposes which is similar to my setup so that end is covered. I wonder how much improvement can be gained by the usual method of hand grinding/smoothing on the exhaust or will machine work be needed there to keep up with inbound improvement? Handwork is something I wanted to minimize if not eliminate entirely. Since I cut up all my improvements I’d better get back to work and get something ready. Hoyt when you get a chance I would like the spreadsheet.

Curt B

1952 Chev 1300 Cdn. ½ ton