that powerband is the one shown in Schneider's catalog for the under-2 liter vw type 1 engine that the grind was designed for. a 1600 type 1 displaces around 24.5 cubic inches per cylinder, and a 2-liter big-bore stroker type 1 still only displaces around 30.5 cubic inches. the engine combo i propose is better than twice the displacement per cylinder of the 1600, and, an even 20 more cubic inches larger than a 2-liter stroker. as panic stated, more cylinder displacement acts as a buffer for cams of this variety and the peak powerband will be nowhere near that 6600, probably more like 5900.

speaking intake port-wise on the small-port 4819 head; at minimum i could probably just use a 1 7/16 shell reamer to push down about 1 1/4" into the intake ports, countersink the port face to 1 3/4" do some bowl work, lots of blending, a good 3-angle valve job with 1.94 valves and still make some pretty decent power and the velocity might even surpass a stock 983 head. i'm hoping to do much more than that if i'm able to successfully mod a 4819 head into a high-port.

doing things the hard way since 1966....