You didn't tell us what the 250 is in. The headers are for a pickup so thats probably what you have. I think Tom's dyno tests will show us some interesting numbers. Personally I think your choices so far are fine, Offey manifold, 390 4bbl, 268 cam, flowmtech headers. I'd use the stock head with 1.84 or 1.94 intake and 1.60 exhaust valves. The big inakes will have to be unshrouded. I'd remove the bosses and install lumps. I'd probably get a set of forged V8 pistons and use them and head shaving to get the compression from 9 to 9.5 to 1. Don't use the stock fiber cam gear. I'd use stock GM HEI ignition maybe with an MSD 6A. Get Leo Santuci's book and prep the block well. This is about as cheap and easy as it gets and it would run well. There is a lot of good information on this site in old posts. It is sometimes hard to find, but it is there. What trans and rear end do you plan to run? Welcome to Inliners. Join our club we need the young blood! \:D Beater

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain