Overall, what I was trying to say was, just dont install a bigger camshaft & not do anything else.

Many times people just look @ installing a bigger camshaft & do not realize that the bottom end will most likely suffer a bit.

They will read a camshaft estimated HP you could get from it & not even think about you will loose by gaining more top end HP.

As I am reading what the guy is looking to do & not tear open the bottom end & change pistons or do other things as to raise the compression ratio for more power. He seams to be interested in @ least changing the cyl head. ,,Correct?

Changing the cylinder head is the most practicle way of raising the compression & easiest IMO.

Any good cyl head shop should be able to know how to & where to unshroud the intake valves in the small chamber head to get it to flow good.

I was just suggesting a way to somewhat recoup your cyl pressure loss do to a larger camshaft installed. I did not say you will recoupe all your losses.

He wants to whip his dads ride,, I say do what ever seems possible w/in a budget,while using his stock shortblock.

Gearing is another choice & in his sights,that is why I suggested a T-5 to have an advantage over a Muncie gearing wise.

If his dad is using a 400 CI engine & a Muncie 4 speed, what advantage does the little 6 w/a Muncie have over a 400 CI engine,,,nothing really,, other than the L6 is lighter.

So basically what I am thinging this guy is on a budget & wants to think & do things to his car to whip up on those V-8 thingys.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI