Alright. My dad has a 68 GS 400 that we're rebuilding to a little over the stage 1 performance package. So nice big cam, headers, quadrajet, and it's probably going to be bored a little over since its old. Not sure if he's turning the crank. Probably like 390HP or 400HP when we're done. He's going to be using a turbo 400 transmission so that puts him at a slight disadvantage because it's an automatic.

I finally finished putting the clutch, tranny, and driveshaft back in today. Went driving for like 10 minutes and I was actually kind of disappointed at how slowly it accelerates in 3rd. I know it would probably perform better if I had a 4 speed because of the wider range of gears, I could use the higher RPM's more. I want it to be fun and not like... "i'll get up to speed eventually..." and "where is this thing called 'torque'?". I want it to be "punch you in your seat" torque. I don't really see what else I can do short of a turbo/supercharger besides what I said before: cam, intake, carb, headers, and maybe the head. If I got a 194 head, would I need premium fuel? Not sure what the point of this post was but it was just my ideas and a question or 2...

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.