alright guys... looks like my final consensus of your answers and a few of my own ideas are...
-4 speed (because I didn't want to get an automatic like someone suggested)
-probably a posi and I'll probably get it a little lower than a 4.10 maybe 3.83 or 3.53.
-intake and 4 barrel
-headers
-cam it up
-194 head (I'll probably need some help on what to do to the head once I get it)
-HEI distributor

So thanks guys. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. This is going to be a daily driver and I'm not looking to DESTROY my dad. I just prefer not to run like an 18 and have him run like a high 10 or something in the quarter. I understand that "there's no replacement for displacement" (which is ironically is a saying that I first heard from my dad a few weeks ago). I'll hopefully make some vids of my progress on youtube. I've already made a vid of my car if you guys want to see it http://www.youtube.com/snowman4839 . That was when it was bone stock but I've put some rally wheels on it (because they just happened to be really convenient for me to buy) and my dad helped my adjust the timing. I've also replaced the clutch like I said. I don't want to replace the 250 with the 292 because it's a matching numbers engine and I prefer to keep it that way. Thanks for your help guys and the warm welcome into the inlining world :-)

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.